Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Pictures...

...are on Facebook--finally!

It's been an intellectually stimulating week. I got soem Russian books that I'm working through on my own, and I've developed a decent method for getting through them. I'm enjoying that. I'm reading a short story by Chekhov, a famous author, and also the Gospel of Matthew. I was surprised to find that the books of my Russian New Testament aren't in the same order as the books in my English Bible.

Each week we have a lecture in Russian on part of Russian history. They've been really tough to understand, and I though this week's was going to be awful because it was on WWII and tanks. But it was great. The professor talked about tanks to illustrate the differing mentalities of the Germans and Russians durning the war. He went at an easy pace, and I actually followed it and understood the main points! Yay! Understanding is such a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment